The CVCS Administration has adopted a background check policy effective the 2015-2016 school year that anyone volunteering in any capacity at CVCS will need to have background checks on file in the office prior to volunteering. This includes but is not limited to field trips, class parties, Race for Education, etc. There will be a total of 3 forms to complete. The first two forms are the Criminal Background check and the Child Abuse clearance. The third form is the FBI Criminal History. If you have lived in PA for at least the last 10 years, you will not need to complete the FBI Criminal History online. Please click on the link below to acknowledge you have been a PA resident for the last 10 years. If you have not lived in PA for the last 10 years please follow the instructions below on obtaining the FBI clearances. There is no cost for the PA Criminal Background Check or the Child Abuse clearance. The only cost will be if you need to complete the FBI clearance. If you have any questions please contact the office at 717-264-3266 x140.
If you have already completed the Criminal Background Check or Child Abuse Clearance after January 1st 2015 you may submit a copy to Mr. McKee.
ALL Volunteers must complete:
- Criminal Background Check NO COST
- Child Abuse Clearance NO COST
- FBI Acknowledgement Form:
—only if you have lived in PA at least the last 10 years please complete the link below
Please contact the school office for the above form
- FBI Criminal Clearance:
—only if you have NOT lived in PA the past 10 years $27.00
ACT 151 (CY113) Child Abuse History Clearance) – No Fee
Please complete the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance request form online using the following directions. If you have questions, please contact Childline Verification Unit at 717-783-6211 or 1-877-371-5422.
Information You Will Need
Before you start, you should have the following information readily available to help you complete your application:
- Addresses where you have previously lived since 1975
- Names of all individuals with whom you have lived since 1975 to include parents, guardians, siblings, spouses, etc.
- Any previous names you have used or have been known by
Click on <create a new account>
Click on <next> and type information. This includes creating a Keystone ID which is similar to a username. Record this Keystone ID for later use, both now and in the future when you enter this website again.
You will be sent a temporary password via email. It says to click on <close window> to exit, You may have to exit out of the website entirely.
Click on <login>.
Click on <access my clearances>. You will need to type in the Keystone ID you just created.
Go to the bottom and click on <continue>
<Log in> with your temporary password that they emailed to you.
Create a new permanent password.
You will be sent out to log in again using your permanent password.
Now you are ready to go to the application.
My Child Welfare Account Terms and Conditions
Click on <I have read, ….>.
Go to the bottom and click on <next>.
How to Obtain A PA Child Abuse History Clearance
My PA Child Abuse History Clearances
Click on <create clearance application>.
Click on <begin>. Scroll down page to get to where you actually enter the information.
- Application Purpose
- Applicant Information
- Current Address
- Previous Address
- Household Names
- Application Summary
DIRECTIONS TO COMPLETE THE PENNSYLVANIA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE APPLICATION:
1. Applicants are to complete Section I only which is what you will see on your screen.
2. Purpose of Clearance –
- Do not check more than one block: Please check: The box marked volunteer
3. The applicant’s Social Security number is voluntary.
- If filling in the Social Security number please fill in the entire Social Security number.
4. Previous Names/Nicknames
- The space for the applicant’s name must be the applicant’s full legal name. An initial is not acceptable for a first name.
- Previous Names Used Since 1975 – The applicant must list any and all full legal names that they have ever had since 1975. This includes maiden names, aliases and also known as (aka) names.
- Click on <box with a plus in it> to ADD PREVIOUS NAMES/NICKNAMES.
5. Contact Information (phone number)
- Click on <box with a plus in it> to ADD CONTACT INFORMATION.
6. Current Address
- Type information. The address listed must be applicant’s current home address. This is also where the results of the clearance will be mailed or emailed to your email address. Please check yes to receive a paper version of certificate.
- Would you also like to have a paper version of the certificate sent to your home or mailing address?(required) Yes No
7. Add Previous Address
- If you can not remember the entire address, please enter as much information as possible.
- Previous Addresses Since 1975 – List all addresses where the applicant has resided since 1975.
- Click on <box with a plus in it> to ADD PREVIOUS ADDRESS (ES).
- You will need to do this for each address.
8. Household Member Information
- Household Members – Include anyone that the applicant lived with since 1975 (parents, guardians, siblings, children, spouse (ex), paramour, friends, etc.). If the applicant was under the age of 18 in 1975 this section must include other household members who lived with the applicant or with whom the applicant lived.
- Please note the household member’s relationship to the applicant, their age (to the best of your knowledge) and their sex.
- Applications where this section is left blank will be rejected and returned to the applicant.
- Click on <box with a plus in it> to ADD HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS
- Please note: For siblings or individuals you lived with when they were single, but they are now married, use their married name.
- If deceased, just add their name and other information, but for age leave that blank.
- Applications must be electronically signed. Applications that are not signed will be rejected and returned to the applicant.
- You are almost finished! To complete your application please eSign below by checking the acknowledgement and entering your first and last name as it appears on the Application Information screen.
- I hereby certify that the information entered on this report is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief and submitted as true and correct under penalty of law (Section 4904 of the Pennsylvania Crimes Code). (required)
- Signature (required)
Print a copy of the page that follows.Now click on <finalize and submit application>.
When you receive your certificate please give a copy to Carl McKee
ACT 34 (SP4-164) (PA State Police Criminal Record Check) – No Cost
Ideally you can complete and submit your form on-line which we recommend. If you have questions, call 717-783-9973 or 1-888-783-7972. See instructions that follow
You can complete the information on-line at https://epatch.state.pa.us.
- Click on Record Check, new record check, and then accept the terms and conditions.
- “Personal information screen” is the person requesting the background check (which is you). The reason for request is volunteer. Enter your name, address and phone number.
- Click next. Verify the information is all correct and spelled correctly, then click proceed.
- The “Record Check Request Form” screen is your personal information; you are only required to enter your first and last name, your social security number, and your date of birth. Then click “enter this request.” Click “finished.”
- On “Record Check Request Review” screen, verify information is correct, then click “submit.”
- After the record check is completed on the “Record Check Request Results” screen, click on the control number next to your name. (If the results say “request under review,” please contact CVCS for instructions, but still follow the rest of these steps.)
- Click “back” to return to the “Record Check Details” screen.
- Click on the “Certification Form” button and print at least 2 copies of the results page with the state seal watermark.
- Click on the word “back” in the upper right corner of the page. You may now exit the website.
- One copy of the certification form must be given to Mr. Carl McKee, any others you can keep for future reference if needed.
ACT 114 (FBI FEDERAL CRIMINAL HISTORY- FINGERPRINTING) – $27.00 fee
You must fill out the application on-line before getting your fingerprints done.
If you have questions, please contact FBI/Adam Walsh Unit at 717-783-6211 or 1-877-371-5422.
Use the following website for this clearance: www.pa.cogentid.com.
Read all instructions very carefully.
- Choose the Department of Education banner in the of the top row.
- Under the Registration banner, click on “Register online.”
- Leave first yellow box with the word “credit card” showing.
- Next yellow box (reason fingerprinted), choose “Non-public schools.”
- Fill in all yellow boxes with your personal information. Use your home address on this form. Click “next.”
- Verify all information is correct on the “step 2” screen. Click “next.”
- On “step 3” screen, complete credit card information box. Click “pay” button.
- On “Registration complete” screen, print 2 copies.
- Give a copy to Carl McKee so he knows you registered, and take the 2nd one with you to the fingerprinting site. Print a 3rd copy if you want a copy for your records.
- Go to a fingerprinting site as soon as possible, as it may take 6-8 weeks to receive the paper copy of your clearance after the fingerprinting is complete.
- Click “fingerprint site locations” to find a site near you. The paper copy of the clearance you receive by mail is an “unofficial” copy for your records.
You can also find fingerprint site locations and times they are open at
Franklin County Fingerprint Site
Franklin Learning Center
2397 Loop Road
Chambersburg, PA 17202
You MUST turn in a copy of this document to Mr. Carl McKee
If you have not received it in 8 weeks, please call the Department of Public Welfare (1-877-371-5422).