As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus outbreak and following information from state and federal agencies, as well as private organizations, we are taking steps to keep all students, parents, faculty and staff safe. In order to do this Cumberland Valley Christian School, out of caution, will be closed from March 16th-March 27th. Schools are scheduled to reopen on March 30th.
Though, as of today, 03/13/20, there are no confirmed or presumptive cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Franklin County, we believe it is our responsibility to implement social distancing measures to protect our students and staff, and to mitigate the potential for Coronavirus to spread in our community. In addition to schools closing, the following actions will be taken:
- Five of these days will be e-learning days. We will schedule these for March 23-27.
- The other five days will be made up as follows:
o Thursday, April 9th Full-Day (Previously scheduled half day)
o Friday, April 10th Half- Day Dismissal at Noon
- Monday, April 13th Full-Day (Previously scheduled half day)
- Monday, June 1st 1:00pm Dismissal (High School Finals)
- Tuesday June 2nd 1:00pm Dismissal (High School Finals)
Other calendar updates:
- March 30th Full Day – NO TEACHER IN-SERVICE
- May 26th, 27th, 28th Regular School Days/Times
- May 29th – Noon Dismissal
Open House scheduled on March 22nd will be cancelled and moved to another date.
Book Fair and STEAM Showcase will also be rescheduled.
ALL Graduations remain as scheduled.
- All extracurricular, athletics events/practices, and after school events will be cancelled during this timeframe.
The Cumberland Valley Christian School Administration has taken this closure with much prayer, consideration and guidance from Pennsylvania Government Officials.
As this situation is rapidly evolving, we will continue to provide regular updates to parents via our website, email and social media.
Thank you for your understanding.
Pastor Mike Sanders